CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Sweet Freedom

I know it's been a while since I last posted and even worse, we haven't taken many pictures since last time and the ones we did take haven't been downloaded to the computer yet. I will put them up as soon as I can.

So Bridger is officially weaned! The last time I nursed him was December 27 and it is done. He had a really hard time with whole milk at the beginning. By hard time I mean he absolutely hated it. He would touch the sippy cup with his tongue and once he knew it was milk he would throw the sippy cup while staring me down. For days we tried to get him to like it and it finally paid off. He LOVES it now. He drinks about 2 whole sippy cups of milk a day now and he eats it with his cold cereal in the morning.

Bridger is also walking. Not taking a few steps here and there- walking. He just follows me around throughout the day and when he gets sick of walking, he insists that I carry him around. He loves to point at everything in sight and talk in gibberish about what he's pointing at. He is yum yum yummy.

Brody cracks me up. He says the most random things and is really learning how to have conversations and ask questions. He loves nursery and can name everyone in his class -and he does so every Sunday after church when we ask who he played with in nursery. He is usually a very polite boy with other kids and knows that when you push someone (not polite) you need to say sorry and give them a hug. He even says sorry to other kids who are apologizing to him.

Adam started his Pashto refresher course this week and it lasts the whole month. It's nice for me because he has a normal schedule again- M-F, 8:30-3:30. We even get to sleep in the same bed at the same time!

My calling at church is keeping me busy. I have had a few quiet nights to make cards and do crafty stuff, which I LOVE.

Have a great week everyone! Eliza, update your blog, okay?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

What cute boys. Ryder hated milk at first too (he was one when I stopped nursing) and now he can't get enough of it. And I have a funny Haven story: she said to me, "mommy, I'm cold." I said, "I'm sorry." Haven said, "Why? You didn't make the cold." Kids are funny. So are you.

Aivaz Family said...

Congrats on your freedom. I wasn't able to nurse that long, so I am jealous. And also, yay for being able to sleep with your husband! Thats always a plus, right? I like you, k?

Eliza said...

Hey, thanks for calling me out in public. I'll freaking update it this weekend. Geez, give a girl a break.

Eliza said...

Hey, thanks for calling me out in public. I'll freaking update it this weekend. Geez, give a girl a break.

Becky said...

What can I say? My grandkids are not only the cutest but they are brilliant, too!

Kendra said...

That is so exciting that Bridger weaned pretty easily. I am hoping that I can keep nursing Casen through the first year as well. Right now he pretty much hates his bottle so I may never be able to wean him. Cute kids, seriously!!

heather said...

How did you get Bridger to like milk? To this day, Gabe hates it! No matter what I did he did not take it. He would rather drink water then milk. Let me know what you did...