CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, March 30, 2008

Easter Egg Hunt

As I mentioned in my last post, we had a little Easter Egg Hunt at our house with a few of our close friends. It is amazing how long it takes to fill each egg with candy and hide all the eggs just for them all to be found, opened, and inhaled in a matter of seconds. I might be considered a mean mom because I don't let me kids have a whole lot of candy. I'm not a "you have to eat veggies for every meal" kind of mom but I don't throw my kids bags of Skittles whenever they want them either. Brody and I were filling the eggs with the candy the morning of the hunt and being that all the kids were under the age of 4 and I know my friends aren't Skittles-throwers either, I decided to get a lot of eggs and fill each one with only 1-2 small pieces of candy (jelly beans, Robin eggs, etc.). That way, they would be able to get a lot of eggs and not get sugar crazy. My dad said I was cheap so I started to get a little worried that I was a cheap, mean, not-fun hostess. I was reassured when the moms all thought it was great that there wasn't too much candy going home with them. See, Dad? I'm not cheap. I'm thoughtful.I was pretty surprised that Bridger knew what he was doing- he just ran out and started picking up eggs and putting them in the basket. He didn't even know there was candy in them until it was over so I'm not sure what his motivation was.

Lilli is such a sweet girl. Her smile is so cute- I kind of want her.
As you can tell, Abby got the most eggs- she didn't waste any time. She took it very seriously.
Checking out the loot.
"I wonder if I can eat this entire cupcake in one bite!"
Seriously? I swear this isn't the first time he's ever had cake.
This is Benjamin- I'm not sure if he's taking or putting back. Notice the cupcake with the frosting licked off and put back.
Brody saying goodbye to his friends.

10 comments:

Tayla said...

Such cute pictures! How fun! I agree with you on the candy thing. I did the same for Max. But you could say I was cheap because I put the opened jelly beans in a plastic bag and put that as his candy in his basket! :) He's two ... He'll never remember!

Adelheide said...

The easter egg hunt looks like it was fun. I'm excited to get to do that stuff with my kids one day. And super cute pictures, as always.

Zachariah Parry said...

Why is the picture of Lilli in black and white, except for pants and basket? Are those the important parts?

Becky said...

It really was fun to watch those kids go for the eggs. Loved being there. Thanks for being good hosts!

Kendra said...

Those are some really cool pictures. Who was having fun experimenting with the camera. I especially like the last one with Brody looking out the door. Pretty awesome!

Lenae said...

Cute pictures, as always!

And thumbs-up for not letting Easter be a cavity-fest for the little ones... I think as long as you're not cramming the eggs with carrot sticks and vitamins, you fall more into the "responsible" category (vs. the party pooper one :)

Lant Family said...

So cute. I think you were so smart to not put alot of candy in them. I finally threw away our jelly beans. I am the only one who really eats them. No good!!! I told JJ if he wanted them he had untill Wednesday after easter and then they were gone. Cute pictures. I think the funniest one is of that kid putting the cupcake back. THat cracks me up.

Brianna said...

I hear you on the "not too much candy" deal. This year we put a couple goldfish crackers and some marshmallows in their plastic eggs. I just don't want to have to deal with the sugar high and then when they come off it. I guess you can call it mean mommy, but it gets them used to not expecting a whole lot of candy every time. At least that's my philosophy :D

The Findarle Family said...

you are a fun mom and I dont think you are mean to not give them a lot of sugar! I have seen Brody all sugared up and I know why you wouldnt want to be around brody when he is having that much fun! I love you all

Elaine Parry said...

Grandma says: I'm with you all the way on kids having just small amounts of sugar. My in-law family didn't agree but I was the mom and it was my choice.

Such adorably cute kids. We love the pictures. Thanks.