CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Finally...An Actual Update

I realize it's been a while since I actually filled you all in on the goings on in our family. Sometimes life just seems to go super fast and then I look back and see how little I have accomplished. What's up with that? What am I so busy doing? Oh yeah- caring for 2 completely dependent people- the little kind. I love love love them but when are they going to get jobs and start contributing to this family? Someday perfect dimpled smiles aren't going to land them whatever they want.

So here are a few pictures from the last few weeks. This last Saturday night was our church's Easter Egg Hunt and Brody loved it. For a few days before the activity we practiced with him at home with empty eggs. We would hide them around the house and tell him to find as many as he could in as little time as possible so he could totally squash all those other little people. Turns out we practiced for nothing- there was a 6 egg limit for everyone. Oh well. At least the slow kids got some candy too. I wish I had some pictures but I, being the moron that I have been more and more lately, I forgot our camera (and our picnic blanket to eat our picnic on and Brody's easter basket and drinks- DER!) so until I get some pictures emailed to me from some of our friends, you will have to imagine Brody with his 6 eggs.

On the Bridger-front, we are watching him grow and learn and develop a very strong personality. He knows what he wants at all times and is really good at letting us know that he will not settle for less. It is really loud. If we take something away from him (like a battery he is sucking on for instance) he will arch his back, throw his head into the floor, and scream and cry and point until we find something REALLY cool to distract him with. He is seriously crazy. I have said it before and I'll say it again- it is a good thing kids are as adorable as they are, otherwise half of them wouldn't have parents. Mkay?

Brody and his friend Hayden have been getting to be good little buddies lately. For a while they would beg to play together and then when they were in the same room they would fight over EVERYTHING. The nursery leaders even talked about putting them in different nursery classes at church since they would get so out of control. Today, however, we went over to the Livsey's house to play and Brody and Hayden played perfectly together. In fact, when it was time to go, we went into Hayden's room to get them and Brody had a little stethoscope on. Hayden was fake whining saying he was sick and Brody said he was helping Hayden because he was a doctor. He knew where to put the thermometer (in the mouth, okay?), the stethoscope, and even where to give him shots with the little play syringe. It was pretty funny.

Okay this is getting long and I haven't even gotten to the big stuff yet. Let's move it along.

We have had some big developments in our family in the last week or so. Adam is going to be deployed this year for 4 months (I know it's not a lot compared to most deployments but it's a lot for me, okay? Don't call me a whiner). So I am going to be going and staying with my parents for two months out of the four. All you people in Vegas- Wanna play? All you people in Georgia- I will miss you! I have a really great support system out here where I don't have family. It will be sad to not have them but I am really excited to spend time with my family and to give my kids a chance to get to know their grandparents for heaven's sake.

So there it is. I hope you all have a great week.

12 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

Yes us Vegas people do wanna play! Sorry Adam is getting deployed, but yay for you coming here. Um, I almost wet my pants when you said the slow people got candy. That was great. I like your face.

Adelheide said...

That is sad that Adam is getting deployed but very exciting to get to spend time with the grandparents. I'm sure your mom is thrilled. I love reading the fun little stories about Brody and Bridger. They're adorable!

Zachariah Parry said...

I think it is funny that you had easter-egg-hunt practice. I can just picture you with a stopwatch giving him advice to shave seconds off his time.

Anonymous said...

Having had "slow people" of my own, I am grateful for the six egg maximum. I wonder if they would have had a little more speed if we made them practice. Maybe we should test it out on Haven and Ryder.

I'm so excited that you will be here for a while. We'll definitely get together.

Brad and Erica said...

I am sorry that Adam is deploying -- for me, almost any time away from Brad feels like a long time. I am glad that you will get to hang out in Vegas, though. I wish that I was going to be somewhere where I could hang out with you. Good luck, and your boys are adorable. Brad and I were looking at some pictures on our computer yesterday of Brodie and we miss him!

Julie said...

Jessica, I am so sorry that your husband is being deployed. I know exactly how you feel. Travis was deployed for 4 1/2 months, and it was way too long for me. Where is he going and when?

Lenae said...

As always, the boys' pictures are adorable and your stories are hilarious :) And say whatever you want about Adam going away for 4 months... Deployment= Big bummer.

Kendra said...

Yeah! I am happy to be one of the Vegas people that will get to hang out!! The boys are getting so big and I wish I could see them more often! Casen is excited to meet his little buddies! Let me know when you have all the travel details! Love you!

Shari Davis said...

Ummmmm, you seriously are the funniest person in the whole world! I think you're just so super!! Mkay?! I'm sad for you that Adam is deploying. But guess what! Ben is thinking about deploying too!! Super. :( But it probably won't be until next year! Anyway, you'll have such a wonderful time with your family.

Eliza said...

I don't care what anyone says. Deployment = me getting to spend time with my babies for the first time since their birth. I am super excited about this situation. (Adam, sorry that I am getting so much enjoyment out of you leaving - no offense, kay?)

heather said...

You crack me up. I think its awesome that you had Brody practice to find eggs...I would have done the same thing with Gabe.
Yeah for you coming to Vegas!!! I'm super excited cause I haven't seen you since High School! Hopefully i'm one of those people that you want to see, if not, then I understand...but I know you want to see me cause i'm you're brown friend:).

Becky said...

Yea Adam is getting deployed! (You know I am kidding.)I mean Yea Jessica and boys are coming to stay with us. The only thing that would be better would be if iut was when I wasn't working.