CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 14, 2008

"Your Mama Hits You, Don't She!"

One of my favorite things about shopping at the commissary (the grocery store for military folk) in the mornings is the plethora of old retired military people that are there with nothing better to do than to approach strangers who don't want to be approached. That would be me- or mostly my kids. Why do old people think they can touch whoever they want? Well, this week was especially fun. My friend babysat Brody for me because she lives right by the commissary and it's way easier to get my shopping done without him (thanks, Ashley!) so I only had Bridger with me. The night before we had had a little incident that involved Bridger, his little slide, and a lethal board book. He combined all of them and ended up with an open wound half an inch under his eye. The next day it looked more like a black eye. Anyway, while at the commissary I had an old man come up and start talking to Bridger (I obviously was standing right next to Bridger). This is how it went:

Old Man: "Hey little buddy! Oh! Look at your eye! Your mama hits you, don't she!"
Bridger: (stare)
Old Man: "Yeah, I know she hits you. I'll take care of her for you. Poor little guy. I know your mama hits you. That aint right!"
Bridger: (stare)

Who does that? Seriously. And in case any of you are wondering, I don't hit him.

3 minutes after the board book incident.The day after (commissary day).

8 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

I am laughing so hard right now. Mostly because I can hear/see my late Grandpa saying that and it is funny. Being that my daughter is extremely attractive (like your kids) most people think she is public property. I think their face is my foots property. Love you hot stuff.

heather said...

Man, I would have slapped that guy if I were you, but then if you did that then people would have thought that you not only hit your kids but you beat up old people.
I totally know you don't do that, you are an awesome mommy, it just sucks that people always have to say the dumbest things. THanks for the laugh though.

Brianna said...

Come on Jess. You know you hit your kids!!! No, seriously, I think I might have hit him. It's a good thing Bridger is so small so he really has no idea what the man was talking about. Next time just start walking away. I know it's rude, but he's being rude talking about you like that to your kids!

Eliza said...

I think old people are awesome. I can't wait until I can say whatever I want with no consequences. I say whatever I want now, but there are usually unpleasant repercussions.

Elaine Parry said...

Crude old man! Very offensive.

Very interesting blogs, great pictures.

Anonymous said...

You just can't make up this kind of thing! Interesting comments from the elderly arena usually find me at Costco. I'm not sure why, but we are a magnet for unwanted comments when we are there. Your boys are so cute!

Becky said...

I bet he ran into a door, didn't he? Can I come over? Like tomorrow?

Kendra said...

I have noticed a plethora of old people chatting with me when I have Casen around also. That is absolutely crazy though! MYOB old people!