CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, March 21, 2008

Grandma and Grandpa

This week was Spring Break for my mom and brother so they (along with my Dad) came down to play! They got in early early (1:30 am) Wednesday morning and sadly, have to leave this Saturday morning. Not very much time, but it's better than none at all.

Wednesday night we went out to eat at Famous Dave's BBQ, which was a first for all of us but Dad. It was really good- most of us got ribs but Adam got gross catfish- who does that? Brody got pretty chummy with Grandma and Grandpa, which I love to see since he only gets to be with them about once or twice a year. He also LOVES "Unto Miko" and has gotten to play with him a lot.

Thursday was our big day at the zoo. The almost 2 hour ride there was really fun with Bridger screaming 90% of the time. Then when we got there I realized I had forgotten to grab his jacket off the counter and it was cold. No big deal- we'll just fork out the $20 or whatever and buy him one at a gift shop, right? WRONG! The dumb gift shop only had one jacket his size and guess how much it cost? $34.99 plus tax! For a cheaply make fleece baby jacket. So we're on "vacation"- I'll just suck it up and buy it for him, even though as I am paying for it I am feeling sick to my stomach about the cost. 30 minutes into him wearing it, I am really regretting my decision to pay so much for less than a yard of fleece and a zipper so I decided I would just be cold and wrap my jacket around him. I went to take the jacket back and they said, "It's used- we can't take it back." I told them he had worn it for 30 minutes and it was still just as nice as when I paid 40 bucks for it. Too bad. They wouldn't take it back. So I put that jacket on Bridger and was determined that he wear that bad boy until it won't even zip up it's so small. I wanted to get my money's worth! So another 30 minutes passes and the dang zipper breaks! I zipped it up after taking it off for a second and the bottom of the zipper started separating. OH NO IT DIDN'T! My blood was boiling by then but I knew if I took it back after making a big stink out of them not letting me return it they would accuse me of breaking it on purpose or something. I was pretty bitter about it the whole day.

So other than the whole jacket incidence, the zoo was a lot of fun. Brody loved seeing all the animals (for no more than like 3 minutes each and then he was ready to move on). He got to feed a cow and a giraffe, which was so cool- Brody's whole hand was in the giraffe's mouth trying to feed him his lettuce. We saw all kinds of cool animals- and some gross creepy ones too. We saw the sea lions fed, the grizzly bears wrestle, and the monkeys have a very loud argument. Bridger loved watching the fish swim all over and would try to move his hand on the glass wherever the fish went. After about 4 hours we were ready to eat and go home. The boys both fell asleep within like 10 minutes of being in the car.

Tonight we are having a little easter egg hunt with Brody and a few of his little buddies. It should be a lot of fun. I'll make sure to take pictures and tell you all about it!

13 comments:

Zachariah Parry said...

I LOVE Famous Dave's. It is my favorite place to eat here. That's awesome that ma and pa get to be with you for a while. They sure like their grandkids.

You should have Dad pull out his computer and we can video chat.

Becky said...

I have to say that even with the whole jacket fiasco it was a very fun day at the zoo. It is even more fun for me when little kids are enjoying it so much. I don't think I would be brave enough to stick my whole hand in the mouth of a giraffe!

Bastianclan said...

Oh I would have been pretty angry too. that is pretty messed up you couldn't even return the dang jacket and then to have it break. OHHHHH blood boiling is right. I'm glad you had a fun time at the zoo. Did you guys feed the birds??? that's my kids fav. super cute pics jessica
Tina

Eliza said...

I am a little jealous that you all are playing. I went to the San Diego Zoo with Nat, MRK and the boys and it was really fun to see how excited they get about the animals. Very cute pictures. I like the one of Brody in between Mom & Dad.

heather said...

That sucks about the jacket...I love reading the part when you said, "oh no you didn't." Classic.
But at the least the kids had some fun right?!

Lant Family said...

My family loves Famous Daves. We are really looking forward to some good southern BBQ when we move to Memphis.
I can't believe the whole Jacket thing . What a rip off. I hate when we forget things. Have fun with your family. Looks like alot of fun.

Aivaz Family said...

I am so glad you guys get to be together for a while. Grandparents are rad.

Anonymous said...

Looks like a blast. I love it when grandparents visit.

Anonymous said...

I was interested to read your blog. As a parent you may be interested in being part of a university study I'm involved with. It’s about how infants and children develop. It wouldn’t take much of your time, and it’s a great way to contribute to knowledge by reporting on your own experiences. For more details go to the following address after copying it into your browser window, www.babyplaystudy.org. Best wishes,Melissa

Kendra said...

I am glad that you got to have some mommmy time!! I admire you for thriving so much away from your family. I think I rely on mine too much sometimes. Also I would be flamin mad too. I might have gotten kicked out!! Do you know when you are coming here to play yet?

Natalie said...

Looks like you had a good time with your parents and Michael. The visits never last long enough. I would have been so mad about the jacket. What a rip-off. Seriously, who orders catfish?

Brianna said...

How wonderful that your parents were able to visit for a little bit. I bet they just ate Bridger up! Don't forget about us when you come out to Vegas.

Grammadebs said...

Hey Jessica...your family is adorable! I am glad that your folks could come for a while...say, that handsome devil in the "Y" sweatshirt could pass as a clone for MDP!!! (and NOT your brother either)lol
What happened to his hair? HOw OLD is your dad??? lol
Love to see your blog and how the kids are all growing up! sad...love them eVery minute...(even IF you have to "hit" them once in a while..haha