CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Birthday, Brody!

Friday was Brody's 3rd birthday, but we decided to celebrate it on Saturday when Adam would be awake (he is working the night shift at work and sleeping during the day). We just pretended like Friday was any other day, which was kind of hard because I really wanted to sing to him. Saturday morning the kids woke up before 6:oo, like always, and I ran into their room and sang "Happy Birthday" to Brody. This is what followed:
"It's my birthday?"
"Yes! How old are you now?"
"Two."
"Noooo."
"THREE?"
"YES!"
"Wow. I'm big, just like my legs are big!"
It was pretty funny. We just hung out and got ready for his birthday party in the afternoon. After Brody's nap I took him to the back door and showed him the backyard all decorated for his party. There was a sign in the back that said, "Happy 3rd Birthday, Brody!" (thanks again for making that, Leslie) and I asked him what it said. He said, "I...Love...My...Mom...my". That so isn't what it is said but it was sure sweet of him to think so!

It is already pretty hot here in Georgia so we had a big water party in the back yard. The night before Adam and I and then my friend Leslie and I spent hours filling 500 water balloons. My fingers were literally bleeding by the time we were done. We had about 12 kids here for the party and it was really fun. Brody and Bridger were both babies about getting wet but it was fun to see all the kids throwing water balloons and each other and all the adults throwing water balloons at the kids and each other. After all those hours filling up the balloons, they were all thrown within minutes. We also had a little pool set up and the kids were having fun jumping in and out of the pool. We had lots of cupcakes and snacks and popsicles and Brody got to open all of his cool presents. One of the gifts was a Slip 'n' Slide so we opened it and set it up for the kids to play in. It says on the box that it's not for adult use but I'm so going to try it out when there aren't other adults around watching. I love Slip 'n' Slides!



It is weird that Brody is three, but at the same time, I don't really remember what it was like before I was his mom. It was probably a lot quieter and I probably got a lot more sleep, but where did I used to get my joy? Brody is so easy to crack up. All you have to do is look at him funny and he will bust up laughing. He is usually very kind to other kids and sometimes he is even kind to his little brother. He says things that make me laugh everyday. His dimple in his right cheek makes me melt and the kid has charm in his eyes. I love him and I am so thankful to be his mom.
Brody just minutes after birth- three years ago!
One day old- his first smile.
Brody with Aunt Audrey- he is totally trying to kiss her.
Happy Birthday Brody! You're THREE!

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Time flies! What a fun party. You are a great mom.

heather said...

Wow, he's three! I love that he thought the poster said "I love mommy." So cute! Looks like you had tons of fun.

Zachariah Parry said...

I am glad to see Adam was wearing sunglasses.

Eliza said...

I can't believe he is 3. I wish I could have been there to throw water balloons at him. You did a great job with the party. I still think you should have given him a Dora one.

Leslie Watters said...

We had a great time at the party! It was sooo much fun.

Jonathan and Rachel said...

What a SUPER FUN party!! I love the pictures of Brody and Bridger with cupcakes... especially Bridger's sandy face :)

The Findarle Family said...

thank you for putting that picture of us up there. I really wish I was there. I am sad I havent seen him in so long. They are getting so big!

Aivaz Family said...

Water parties are rad. Looks like he had a blast. I love the picture of his day old smile. He is a super hunk. I like your face.

Adelheide said...

That looks like fun. I'm going to file that idea away for when I have kids.

Anita said...

I remember you before you had Brody!! Actually I haven't even seen you since you've had kids. I can't believe it's been over three years. Wow. Congratulations Brody--the big 3!!!

Becky said...

Wish I could've been there too. Some day maybe I'll make it for a birthday!

Jacob Parry said...

I enjoyed your post. It was nice to see some good ol' fashion fun.

:P

Brad and Erica said...

Happy Birthday Brody!!! Brad and I miss seeing you so much! Seriously, the other day Brad and I were sitting at home, and we were like "gosh, I wish the Lindquists lived out here. That would be way more fun." Bridger is getting so big and Brody's birthday party looks like a blast. Thanks for posting so we can keep up on your lives!

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday Brody!! He is getting so big!! It is pretty crazy that you have a 3 year old because I remember when we were 16 and all our boyfriends were named after fruit!! Anyway, you are such a fun mom-do you want to plan Casen's 1st birthday?!?

Brad and Erica said...

Hey! We got your present for Annika! She loves it! Seriously, that is like the cutest blanket I have ever seen. Anyway, I just wanted to say THANK YOU! I wish you could see Annika; I think that she could use a cute boyfriend like Bridger. I hope everything is going well -- we miss you!