CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Ready! Set! Go!

One of the many gifts Brody received on his 3rd birthday was a "slip and slide" (thanks Johnsons!). As it turns out, Brody is apparently afraid that a little cold water will melt his skin right off his body or something, so he's not a big fan. He has no problem with squirting others with his new squirt gun, however, so I guess others' skin melting isn't so bad! Can you believe we actually had to bribe him with ice cream to get him to go on the slip and slide? And that was only because the bribe of M&Ms was simply not enough for him. He drives a hard bargain, but in the end he warily allowed me to launch him down the watery path of thrills and chills with his body rigid from absolute terror (but this with ice cream on the mind).



Once we saw how much fun he obviously could have had if he weren't a little sissy, we wanted to try it out for ourselves! After all, we still remember how much fun the slip and slides were in the hot summers of our youth. I was the first "adult" to throw myself gracefully to the ground while others sat and watched in amazement at my lithe positioning and incomparable skill. And now, for the first time ever, you can witness this yourself. Behold!



It seemed a bit shorter than I remember.

After I made my debut, I was able to witness the magnificence of one greater than myself. Such beauty, such speed, such in-human grace - It was as though Rosalie or Alice decided to drop by for a quick visit. But, no, It was my own beautiful Jess, flowing through the water like a watery tart.



If, after seeing these breathtaking videos, you too feel the desire to experience the thrill of this 20' wonder slide you can come on over and take the challenge for a small fee (having your video posted for the world to see!) In the end, I'm sure the lure of the slippery luge will win you over. We'll be waiting!!!






13 comments:

Hannah said...

When can we come?

Aivaz Family said...

You guys are so cute. That looks fun. You know what else is fun? It was 107 earlier this week and on memorial day its going to 78 and too cold to swim. Isn't that fun?

Anita said...

Hilarious!! You guys crack me up. What fun parents you are :)

Zachariah Parry said...

You guys look like pros.

We went swimming yesterday - it was 63 degrees out. We had to stay immersed to stay warm. But Cadence, shivering as she stood in the zero-depth end, did not want to leave.

heather said...

I love the slip and slide! It's awesome. My favorite part was when Brody said, "no" after going on the slip n slide once.
Also, Adam...way to go with the comment on Twilight. I can tell that you are reading it...so are you hooked?

Jacob Parry said...

I don't remember ever seeing Jessica on a slip n' slide when we were younger. How is it that she is so good?

I loved the picture of her when she first hit the water...her face=priceless.

Leslie Watters said...

That was fun! I should have taken the plunge...but I didn't want to end up on YouTube in my bathing suit. :)

Kendra said...

UMMM, all I have to say is, nice butt Jess!! (Oh and I wanna play!!)

Anonymous said...

You guys are awesome.

Nicole said...

I just want to know what it's like to look good enough in a swimsuit that you can post pictures and video online for everyone to see. Also, I will be feeding you sticks of butter rolled in sugar when you come to my house.

sNick said...

Trust me, Europe is nothing compared to your slip and slide.

Justin and Lindsay Wilkin said...

Jessica you are the coolest mom ever! That looks like so much fun and took me back to the good ol' days! :) We need to get together and let our husbands meet and we could talk about R.S. Come visit my blog at wilkinworldofwonder.blogspot.com

Becky said...

All I can say is that you two are too big for the slip n slide. You look like idiots. Just kidding. Idiots is probably too strong a word, maybe losers would be better.