CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 5, 2009

Bridger's TWO!

I'm not going to say I'm sad that my baby isn't a baby anymore. I am actually thrilled that he is getting bigger and doing more things. The older he gets, the harder it is to think about going back to the baby stage (no, I'm not pregnant- I'm just saying). That's just something that I'm going to have to deal with because I'm pretty sure by the time I'm ready to have another baby, Bridger will be in school...or in college, I'm not sure.

Anyway, on to the birthday party. We kept it simple this year and we will probably keep it simple every year since his birthday is 5 days after Christmas. He won't even realize he's being shafted until he's like 12 so it's okay.

You may notice that his cupcake has matches in it. This is what happens when you don't plan your child's birthday "party" until the afternoon of. I made cupcakes because they're quick and then we realized when we didn't have any candles. Adam suggested we use matches. I thought, "Why not? It's the perfect touch to our already lame white trash birthday party for our sweet not-white-trash little Bridger". It turned out to not be perfect in that after the matches were blown out, Bridger reached out and touched one and burned his little finger. It was so sad. He had a blister on his finger and was crying even during the first few licks of icing. We are awesome parents. Maybe that's why he's doing this:

Bridger got a pillow (and bath crayons) from Hayden and Brooks for his new BIG BOY BED! We set the bunk beds up on Christmas Eve and Bridger did really well not getting out of bed. Brody loves sleeping on the top bunk and climbing up all by himself. Bridger loves getting into bed and snuggling with his blankets.
Bridger also got a bike that he LOVES. It's very similar to Brody's bike so he loves riding it around the yard with Brody.

With Bridger turning two, we also are blessed with way more tantrums, stubbornness, talking back, and two glorious words- "NO!" and "ME!". We love love love Bridger even through all of his terrible two-ness.

8 comments:

Lant Family said...

Happy Birthday! Bunk beds sound so much fun. I am glad they are enjoying it to. I think that picture of him sucking his middle finger is really funny. You are not terrible parents. I am totally in relax mode after chirstmas. I don't really feel like decorating for anything for a long time. I guess it is good Valentines Day is still far away.

Lenae said...

Happy Birthday to Bridger! I can't wait to get our boys into bunk beds, although that's a ways off... but time flies, right? And that wasn't a white trash birthday! It was... unique. And Bridger is a cutie pie.

Lynette said...

Wow, he is so cute and so much bigger than I remember! Are we all getting old? Time moves way to fast. I'm glad he had a good birthday. I love your post below too. Glad you guys had a good Christmas - and most importantly - that you were all together. Have a great day.

Kendra said...

Happy Birthday Bridger! I was thinking of him on his b-day! I can't believe he is 2! Don't worry too much about shafting him, Shane turned out okay. Maybe they can start a support group once they realize the problem! That is so much fun that they are in bunk beds!

Brianna said...

Happy Birthday, big boy!!! I hope he had a great party! I'm sure that bike will come in real handy as the two of your little guys get into mischief together!

Brianna said...

Bytheway, where did you get your bunkbeds? I'm in the process of looking for my little guys and I can't seem to find one that I like.

Pilkington Family said...

sweet sassy molassy!!!

Becky said...

Nice that Bridger already knows how to salute his parents! He's cute. And so are you!