CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I Heart Sugar


The boys and I went to the commissary today after the complete waste of time doctor's appointment we went to for Brody (no, we still don't know what's going on with his poor little tummy). I dread going to the grocery store with them, even if Adam is there to help. Bridger HATES sitting in the cart- even if it's the cool steering wheel rocket ship cart! Brody is usually pretty good as long as his fingers can't reach anything on the shelves.

Today I didn't want to go to the store, but with no milk, no bread and no diapers, I didn't really have a choice so what did I do? What any desperate mother does- I bribed my kids. I told them if they were really good and stayed in the card, they could have some candy when we got back to the car. To my splendid relief, they were good. They stayed in the cart with minimal whining so I went to find a perfect treat for them and found what you see above- a new kind of Skittles. I have always been a fan of Skittles, although the chocolate Skittles didn't do it for me. These are the NEW Skittles Crazy Cores. They have one flavor on the outside and one in the inside. YUMMY. They were all so good! I know because after I gave my kids each a very generous handful, I ate the last smaller handful that was left.

For any of you who care (why wouldn't you?), the flavors are strawberry/watermelon, cherry/lemonade, mango/peach, blue raspberry/lemon and melon/berry.

I can't wait to eat them again.

8 comments:

Aivaz Family said...

I am very excited. They sound amazing. You are hot.

heather said...

Those do sound good! And I totally bribe Gabe when we are at the store...I'm bad too...but it works!

Also...Happy Birthday to Bridger! I don't know why I totally missed that post! I love that picture of him opening up his pillow!

Staci said...

I've decided you can either beat your children or bribe them.. that is pretty much your only options so I usually go with the sugar too!

Lant Family said...

I hate going to the grocery store. I ALWAYS make JJ go with me, I don't really make him. He likes going. He can then pick out his own things for lunches. Well Lucy hates it and wants to walk and wants to push the cart. Well I think eventually I will have to go at 10 pm. I think open 24 hours is a brilliant Idea by the grocery store.

Eliza said...

I don't care

Anonymous said...

I don't even like skittles but those sound good! Also, I think that deep down Eliza really does care.

Elaine Parry said...

I care. But I'm not eating them! I'm allergic to sugar. Too bad.

Becky said...

Good idea with the clock but why didn't you say "7" instead of "6" in the first place. Is Bridger feeling better? Ixnay on the skittlesay.