CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, January 25, 2009

Our Disappointing Then Fun Holiday Weekend

One nice thing about Adam being in class for 2 months is that he gets holiday weekends off. For MLK Day weekend, we were planning on driving up to Virginia to visit our friends the Pattons that we knew in Motnerey. We haven't seen them for over 3 years and were really excited to visit them and meet their newest addition. The day we were going to leave, our car started making a wierd sound so we took it in and had to have some work done on it, which made us have to cancel our fun trip.

We decided to make the most of it and were thrilled when the Livseys invited us to go bowling with them. The boys loved it. Bridger was ticked that it wasn't his turn EVERY time but loved pushing the ball and waiting for an hour while it slowly reached the pins.

We also went to the creek right by our house and let the boys ride their bikes. It's been really cold here (okay- I know all you people in Indiana and Illinois are thinking we are pansies, but it's not our fault you chose to live in a place that freezes over for half the year) so they haven't ridden their bikes for a while. Bridger just got his for his birthday and he is getting pretty good and pedaling and is starting to learn the art of steering.

Finally, we decided to see what our kids would look like with pantyhose over their head. We were pleasantly surprised. Bridger didn't want to cooperate, but Brody was a trooper. A very scary trooper.

9 comments:

heather said...

That last picture is priceless. I am still laughing about it.

Lenae said...

Um, wow. The last picture actually startled me. But very hilarious! And they are stinkin' cute in the other pictures! And I'm sorry about your canceled trip :(

The Galan Family said...

You guys are so funny. I can't believe Brody let you do that. I love that Euchee creek trail by your house. You are so lucky to live so close. I would be there everyday. But it needs a playground or something. Glad you had a fun weekend last week.

Amber said...

I'm jealous that you guys get to play outside! At least next winter we'll be outside too!
The boys look so cute on their bikes! Cadence asked for a bike for her birthday the other day, she said, "I want a bike for my birthday. A pink one. With princesses on it. Do you think the stores make that Mommy? They'd better."
I'm glad to have her birthday taken care of so easily! Now if only I knew what to get Jack!

Zachariah Parry said...

I don't think you are a pansy.

Becky said...

I'm so glad to know what Brody would look like if he ever robs a 7/11. At least he doesn't have a mullet.

Kendra said...

That panty hose picture is a little scary! I am sorry you couldn't go on your trip, but glad you still had fun!

Bart and Misty Brimhall said...

You have the cutest kids! Even with panyhose over their heads!

Winn Family said...

I love how you say, "we decided to see what our kids would look like with pantyhose over their heads" like it's all normal and stuff! HA HA! Funny! And that picture of the boys on their bikes--Brody looks sooooooooo cute! I took the boys out riding on our "snow day" to feed the ducks--it was freezing! But I love that creek--it's great!