CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, January 16, 2009

A Christmas Miracle


My kids usually wake up between 5:00 and 5:40. It is disgusting to be up 2 1/2 hours before the sun but I have accepted it as one of the hard things I have to do as a mother. About a week ago I went to Wal-Mart and got a grandma digital clock (the kind with HUGE numbers), covered the minute numbers and put it on Brody's dresser. I told him he could not get out of bed until it said 6. The first morning he was mad when I told him he had to get back in bed, but now he usually comes out right at 6 and says "It's 6 o'clock!" Sometimes he gets so excited that he wakes Bridger up too (who by some miracle is still asleep at 6) and tells him it's 6:00 so it's time to wake up.

This morning is when our Christmas Miracle came. It started out the same as usual. One of them (it was Brody today) started crying at 5:15 and he didn't want to sleep anymore. I just brought him into bed with us and he went back to sleep until.....wait for it....7!!! And Bridger didn't get up until then too! I didn't sleep that well from 5:15 on because Brody is not the most pleasant person to sleep next to, but I didn't care. I didn't get OUT of bed until 7:00.

Today is going to be a beautiful day.

I love Christmas miracles.

12 comments:

Lenae said...

Sweet- 7 am! Good idea with the grandma clock... I hope it works out better for you. I have one of each when it comes to early rising, which doesn't really matter because the early bird makes enough noise that his brother is usually up pretty soon after. I feel your pain :(

Tayla said...

Wow, I can't believe they wake up that early. You poor thing! I hope they take good naps for you! :)

heather said...

Awesome!!! Hopefully this will become habit...waking up after 6.

Joel (Bob) and Dresden said...

Congrats on some sleep!

Sylwia said...

i have a firm rule in my house that no one can come into my room or to make any noise until 7:15. they can wake up but they cant wake me up. so i'd change the six oclock rule to seven, maybe even seven thirty!

Kendra said...

YEAH! That is so exciting! I am glad you got to get some sleep! The sad thing for me is that my baby will sleep in but I have to get up at 5 anyway to get ready for work. What a bummer!

Winn Family said...

HAPPY MERRY CHRISTMAS MIRACLE!!!!!!!!!!! YAY!!!! Best day ever!

Lynette said...

ALRIGHT! Congrats. I hope I don't sound awful for admitting this but we did the same thing with the girls - but then - I changed the clock back an hour on theirs. Then, I could say, "you can get out at 6:ooam - but it was really 7:00am. Heehee. Is that awful? Your such a good girl, so if you think that's awful, I'll stop.

Zachariah Parry said...

I am going to keep this blog and then when Brody gets engaged I am going to show it to his fiance in the interest of full disclosure. If his own mother doesn't like sleeping with him, I want his fiance to be warned.

Zachariah Parry said...

Oh, and if you couldn't tell from her post, Kendra has a harder life than you.

Jacob Parry said...

I'm pretty sure that isn't a christmas miracle...those can only happen while the christmas season is in session. Right?

Becky said...

Ooops I left my clock comment on the wrong post. I guess Jacob doesn't know the "Christmas Miracle" joke. I hope Seana reads this one. She will appreciate it.