CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Our Night Out


On Saturday our church put on a dance for all the adults in the stake so Adam and I got a babysitter for the kids and got dressed up to go out. The dinner was good (although we were still hungry when our food was gone) and we had really fun people at our table. After dinner there was a LONG presentation of musical numbers from each ward, during which a few of us decided to leave and go to a movie. We stayed for dessert even though the dessert server was a dessert Nazi who threatened to hit or bite- I can't remember which- one of our friends. When the dancing started, it was time for us to leave in time to catch our movie so we didn't get to dance but that's okay with me. I have no coordination so I would have looked like an idiot anyway.

So onto the movie. My sister Eliza and I had talked about movies Saturday morning and she was telling me about "Be Kind Rewind" with Jack Black and how it sounded really funny. I suggested it to our friends and so we went. It was lame. There were a few funny parts but I sure did fall asleep and take a 30 minute nap during the movie because it was so boring. Just to clarify, though, I talked to Eliza the next day and she had gone to see the movie and hated it even more than I did so you can still trust her taste in movies.

It was still a fun night. It was nice to get away with Adam- and not the boys- for a night of yummy food and great conversation.

14 comments:

Zachariah Parry said...

That's funny. Amber and I went to a stake dance two weeks ago. We danced half a dance, were hungry despite the food, then left to go see a movie.

We didn't end up seeing a movie though because there was nothing good out, so we ditched the movie theater and went to a chocolate cafe where I got mexican hot chocolate, which was gross. I didn't sleep through the chocolate, though.

But at the end of the night, I still trusted Eliza.

We have so much in common.

Aivaz Family said...

Could you be hotter? Seriously. You are like the hottest mom. Sorry about the dessert nazi. Sorry about the movie. I still love Eliza too.

Anonymous said...

You guys are so cute. I'm glad to hear opinions about that movie. I want to like every movie Jack Black is in but he often disappoints. We just saw Vantage Point. Despite some major flaws it was suspenseful and entertaining.

I'm wondering if anyone dances at these things?

heather said...

You look beautiful, I just love your dress. Thats too bad that the movie was LAME! But thanks for the heads up, I was wanting to see that movie.
I'm glad that you got to go out though, its always nice to just be with your hubbie once in a while.

Becky said...

You are cute. Can I come over? Okay I will.

Scott and Katelyn said...

You're adoreable!!! You guys have the cutest family, it is so awesome to be able to see what you are up to after all these years. You look gorgeous in that dress.

Eliza said...

You are very attractive...I would go so far as to say stank hot. I will once again apologize for that movie even though I hadn't seen it when we were talking about it. I still trust my taste in movies though. Also, mom is funny.

Shari Davis said...

Ummmm seriously, you look very attractive! :) That was a fun night!

Julie said...

I love the dress! I bet it was nice to go on a date!

Pilkington Family said...

Yeah, I was the one who got the spit/bite threat. Aaron. Apparently the dessert Nazi doesn't like brown people...

Kendra said...

How fun that you got to go on a hot date!! You look really hot too! That dress is so cute I want to borrow it!! You should probably move closer to me! Funny story--Mr Mele still works at GV but I haven't told him who I am! I guess he is nice now that he is married and has a baby! It is kinda weird to be at our old school though! Love ya!

Hannah said...

You look really cute!! I am glad the dress worked out. You guys should have come with us to the aquarium.

The Findarle Family said...

You guys look good. You are nice and I am glad you had fun! I wanna come over! OK I will...

Scott and Katelyn said...

girl- i am SO SICK. i am sick all day long. I am really excited but there seems to be no end in sight. it's miserable!! any tips for lessening the nausea?