CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Potty-Training: Accomplished (mostly)

The time finally came to do the thing that most parents dread: Potty-Training. I had put it off for a long time because I didn't want to regret doing it too early and I didn't think Brody was ready. Last week I decided he was old enough to go for it so we did and I'm so glad!

For any of you who aren't into potty talk (I mean little people potty talk, nothing unclean) you may want to skip over this post...it's all about diapers and underwear and little people potty stuff.

Last Saturday we went to Wal-Mart and let Brody pick out his very own big boy underwear. He chose Diego and Mickey Mouse and was really excited about it. Monday morning came and it was go time. We put his new exciting big boy underwear on, set the timer, and every 25 minutes we put him on the potty. Sometimes he liked it, sometimes he didn't, but he still sat there whenever the timer went off. He had a few accidents the first day. Tuesday we started with the timer but he started coming to me when he needed to go. Today is Friday and he is doing really well. We aren't accident-free yet (although Wednesday was accident-free) and he is still wearing a diaper to bed. I am really proud of him. I downloaded an e-book written by a lady who has potty-trained over 300 kids and she guaranteed to have my child potty-trained in 3 days. I really didn't believe her but it actually happened. Brody tells me when he has to go, and then goes to the bathroom, takes care of it, washes his hands all by himself, and then comes and says, "Me get MM?" I love it. Anyone who wants the info I read, let me know and I can send it to you.

It has been so beautiful here the last few days. Yesterday we spent a few hours outside playing and Brody got to ride his bike around for a while.

The boys also got haircuts yesterday. Bridger was in desperate need of one. He was starting to look like Frank from Everybody Loves Raymond (only with hair on top too). Brody wanted to join in the fun, so he got a haircut too.

14 comments:

Zachariah Parry said...

Congratulations, Brody! Although Diego and Mickey wouldn't have been my first choice - let's face it, any characters are better than the bland whites I wear.

Julie said...

That is awesome! I need to get on the ball with Alia. She goes at least once a day but only if she wants to. I just need to take a few days and just do it and get it over with. I would like to see what you read about potty training in three days. That would be cool!

Anonymous said...

How exciting. Changing one bum is way better than two.

Lenae said...

First of all, your boys are so stinkin' cute! And congrats on the potty training success with Brody...I'll have to remember and ask you about that e-book when I get close to potty-training time with Gabriel :)

Kendra said...

Good job Brody!! BTW-I got your Valentine and it was so stinkin cute. I won't tell Stampin up that you used Close to My Heart paper. How could you resist, it is probably the cutest paper ever!! Love ya!!

Shari Davis said...

That's awesome Jessica!!! Seriously!!! and you're just so cute!!!!!

Aivaz Family said...

Lucky. It will be nice. One day.

Eliza said...

Nice work Jess, I mean Brody. Your boys are hot and so are you.

Tayla said...

That is so awesome how quickly Brody learned to use the potty. I would love to know what you read. You always hear that boys are harder to train, but it sounds like he picked it up so fast. I need to really start training Max after baby two arrives. That way he doesn't relapse when she does come. I figure waiting to actually push it a little more will be better than relapsing. (I hope anyway!)

heather said...

Awesome! Now I do need to take you up on the offer for the info on potty training. I've been thinking its probably time for Gabe to start potty training but like you i'm not sure if he is ready. But I would like only one in a diaper. How old is Brody by the way?

heather said...

I tagged you, unless you have already done it, then I totally understand if you don't want to do it again.

The Findarle Family said...

Brody is such a big boy and I miss him. Bridger looks so old and I am sad I haven't seen him in awhile. I love you all... alot

Becky said...

Brody looks like he has a lawnmower handle on his head but he is still cute. I love the picture of the naked boys.

Bastianclan said...

Congrats Brody!!! that is awesome. Thanks for being an insperation to Chandler. He is doing great. Going on 6 nights dry. No potty accident. Still can't get the BM thing down but working on it.. Yeah!!!